Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I love presents in the mail...

that i've bought for myself! I received two of my subscription boxes.

Kate Somerville Exfolikate-(cute name for the product) Basically, you wash your face first and then spread  a thin layer on your face. I wet my hand and then massaged it in. The product was green and grainy, it did a great job i thought, i was as smooth as a baby's butt.
Erno Laszlo Phormula 3-9 Balm-first thing i noticed is it didn't have instructions, so i had to look up this product. To my amazement I noticed the price for the full size is $265. Why offer me a sample of something that is so expensive. No way in Hades i am going to buy it? But whatever, I applied to my face and i do have to admit my face was softer. 
Oscar Blandi Pronto Wet hair Color deluxe-this is a conditioner and it's cool, you don't have to use too much of it. I'm still getting used to the smell. 
Jane Iredale Self Tanner-I don't use self tanner. Maybe i'll give this to someone who does, but i fear that it will only cover one arm. 
Aromachology Clean and Fresh-I found it to be a powerful crisp scent. I didn't mind it, but i'm still not sure of it.

Neutrogena Natural Lip Balm-when i got this in the mail at lunch yesterday this was the first thing i put in my pocket. Kinda reminds me of normal chapstick.
NYX Roll on Shimmer-Not really sure what i'll do with this, but i guess Halloween is coming up soooo...
Ferro Blush X3-the packaging for this was all wrong. I lightly dipped my brush in the small jar and holy crapola super color on my cheek. I didn't like it one bit. Blush should be in compact form and be subtle. I have pink dust on my robe and all over my vanity...Not happy. thinking of using it as eyeshadow. 
ALFAPARF MILANO Cristalli Liquid Serum- I'm a serum girl, so i had to try this today. i like it. my hair feels soft and not too oily. Could also be the conditioner above, but since this came in a little jar i think i can keep using it for over a week. or put it in my purse and take it with me!
$20 Sole Society Gift Card-Why thank you Total Beauty, How did you know i already ordered shoes from there!!!!

Gerry's Birthday plans are turning into a camping trip. It's actually sounding like a lot of fun because these are most of our friends going. We're celebrating his company and his birthday. Does that mean I have to bring his presents with us?? i hope not, because the dutch oven he's been asking for is a bit too heavy for me to lug around. Which reminds me I need to get him a card and wrap his gifts. I could have sworn i got more. I am so bad this year. ACTUALLY I'm going to blame him, because I've been asking him for a month what he's wanted for his birthday. I know he wants a tablet, but I'd rather buy one on Black Friday when the sales are good. He did say he wants a new wetsuit. Listen to this, he was trying to sell 3 wetsuits at the garage sale. That means he has 4. sigh. 

I want to try the yankees lady perfume....

So when is it going to rain? Because how nice would it be to stay home, watch movies and BAKE all weekend long?????

Did you know loafers are making a comeback? I remember wearing penny loafers during my Benetton and Gap phase, which was like 21 years ago. Yes i'm old...well not old..but very well preserved. I need to get some plaid skirts and V neck sweaters.

I am having a hard time relaxing today, maybe i should lay down.

 
Sites and stuff on them.
  • Epicurious- If you haven't signed up for their emails, you're a dork. Sorry, but really they have some great ideas and may inspire you to try something different or maybe enhance the recipes you already love. Just sign up, I get nothing if you do, but you will get a lot of inspiration!
  • Hautelook-great sales! shoes, boots and American Apparel has new items daily!
  • Rue La La-Firstly, i love this site. Thanks to them I have an affordable set of pots and pans that are BEAUTIFUL!!! Also this site is for any pocketbook size. Right now this link will take you to the Robert Mondavi wine sale. I don't drink, but the holidays are coming and taking a good bottle of wine with you to a party or an event or even giving wine as a gift is thoughtful. Prices aren't too bad. 
  • Open Sky-this is just a fun site. check it out. lots of different items for sale
  • idausa.org- stands for in defense of animals. it's a great site, has links to their blog. Really a wonderful site. Please like them on facebook too!.
it's time for........drumroll here....

pawsitive dog story!
More like a positive dog picture. This dog was on the table, ready to be euthanized. Someone saved her life. Does this picture say THANK YOU? yes it does. There are dogs in shelters dying EVERYDAY. I will never understand buying from a breeder when all of these dogs go to the shelter. Save a life today. They will love you forever.

No comments: