Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

Sigh of Relief everyone...

The week is over and the weekend will be here in about 8 hours.Get excited people this happens only 52 times a year! lol. on to to other stuff....
  • Last night I watched football. I knew who I preferred to be the winner of the game, but i have the slightest clue how any of it really works. Lucky for me, i had a gal pal who's pretty into football to explain it to me. NOW i have to say I didn't understand all of it, but i got some of it. Sad for us the Saints lost. sigh....
  • I did realize how I cannot wait for the world series and all the other games you actually get to watch on TV no matter where you are. It's ridiculous that I can't watch the Yankees play. It pisses me off. And I am not happy about it....I will wait though, because I have a feeling they will be in the running...
  • i just have to tell you all something. I ate a deviled egg. i think whoever made the deviled eggs put curry in it. It doesn't taste good and I cannot for the life of me take the taste out of my mouth. I love curry. But curry and eggs??? i don't think so, atleast not in my mouth. Tried to wash it down with water and croissant. Just didn't work. bleh. According to this website, World's best deviled Eggs recipe they do not use curry. I want a new egg without the curry. thanks.
  • As we begin this weekend, there's a lot for us to remember. It's not just any weekend and it's not just a garage sale weekend or pet fair weekend for me, 9/11 wasn't just another day. And here we are ten years later. We all saw how New York and the whole country pulled together by sending aid, volunteers, firemen, police etc...anything. It was amazing. I received an email from the ASPCA this morning about remembering 9/11. I guess there are some things you forget about, like the animals. Didn't even think about it-i know, strange thing for me really. I didn't know that the president of the ASPCA lost his sister and despite that helped with the mobile units to help with the pets in lower Manhattan. I didn't know that their volunteer applications grew up to 5,000 during that time because people wanted to help in any way they can. ok...it's too early for tears.
  • Go to ASPCA site I've linked you to Operation Pit for all of you pit lovers. Really the ASPCA is a great organization. Please help them anyway you can. 
  • ok let's move on to something else. let's check out dealmap. So it's my first day checking out deal map and let me say, as someone who loves finding things to do sure this sorta helps. But it's not that great. There are many offers, but every time i click on one to "purchase" there's a problem loading the page. I tried it with some deals from "Big Tip"-problem loading page...booooo...Big Tip has like 90% off meals and activities-pretty big savings if you ask me, but if you can't load the page, your savings don't count. Ofcourse Val pak deals work. I did try to click groupon, but that didn't seem to work either. Looks like either broken links or too much redirecting. You see, on the page it tells you who the deal is by, you click on it to purchase and it should go to Groupon, Bigtip, etc...these items are all being redirected. The most I can say here is that if you see something on this big fat list and you can't access the site, just sign up for the coupon where it originated and don't deal with the hassle of clicking around on the website.
  • do we need pictures of animals??? i think we do!
Ok hopefully that helped. lol. Have a great day and I'll be back on Sunday for a 9/11 blog. Be safe. hugs.

No comments: