Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

I dreamed a dream....

IN TIME GONE BY!!!!! WHEN HOPE WAS HIGH AND LIFE WORTH LIVING! I DREAMED THAT LOVE WOULD NEVER DIIIIIIIIIE, I DREAMED THAT GOD WOULD BE FORGIVING!!!

If you know what this is from, than yay you! Let's sing it together...or let's watch a video:
 

Last night I finally got my birthday present (I've been waiting for 5 months). I will not focus on the fact we were late, I will focus on the fact that it was beautifully performed and I teared up multiple times. Les Miserables has been my most favorite musical.  Before I saw it, my music teachers assigned me solo's to sing during chorus performances.  When I finally saw it, I knew what i wanted to do with my life, I wanted to be in Les Mis.  By the way, just in case you were wondering, NO i am not in Les Miserables.

Life changed for me when I moved to California, my music education came to a screeching halt since there weren't any advanced classes offered at my high school and there were no local music schools in my area. It killed a part of me.  When I entered college I had no idea what to do with my life, I tried to focus on the GE classes (that I couldn't get into due to overcrowding) and trying to once again find my niche in a new place.

I did practice on my own, sorta. My neighbors in my San Francisco apartment building heard my "practicing" while I took showers, but you know, that's just not the same as practicing with a teacher and doing scales on a daily basis. Slowly i let the dream fade.

In my 20's i would once again reclaim the stage and join a band. It wasn't exactly what I had been trained for, but it was another way to express myself. I did this for a couple of years and then drama closed that door. Since then I sing in my car, I randomly write songs that only get played a couple of times to my closest friends. My voice lacks strength or I feel it does. I don't practice enough and my courage has been pretty broken. I'm happiest when i sing. If i'm singing at home or listening to music, it's a good sign i'm in a good mood.

I'm not going to give up on singing. If anything, at some point in time I'll sign up for singing classes maybe with a private teacher and learn everything all over again; reclaim my passion.  But for now, you'll find me rocking out to my favorite tunes in my car and if you're lucky enough you may actually be able to hear me sing.  I might not be the greatest, but I can still carry a tune. :)

Have a great weekend everyone.

No comments: