Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Computers, Tablets and Smart phones Oh MY!


I have too many electronics. At work, I'm on my desktop, if my cell rings or alerts me to some type of update i pick that up and fiddle with that, at home I am on  my tablet for the whole night-games, check FB, read a book..etc...
ARGH! 

I feel I am too dependent on these things. This is the reason we will become zombies. Some cyber subliminal flash message will occur while we're using our electronics and the next thing you know we'll start eating people's brains. Probably some government conspiracy to control the overpopulation.

When was the last time you wrote a letter? Like hand wrote one? I attempted to write one a couple of weeks ago to a friend who is in bad circumstances, and I could not. I had "writers" block. I really had nothing to say.  Sure I have been a busy bee doing fun things, but relating with a person via writing snail mail seems so foreign...alien even. Nowadays a comment on someone's page is being a friend or a text with the words "what's up hon?" is showing you care. I think we've been desensitized. We've lost some kind of emotional personal involvement with other human beings that it's hard to relate with people. (Granted this could just be me, but I don't think so.)

I respect those people who still CALL, even though I've become one of those I'm-afraid-to-pick-up-the-phone-types. It's become ALIEN for me to do so since i can just text. I don't like that part of me. I wish I could be different, so I'm going to try that with the people who are more open to that kind of communication. The more you practice the better you'll be.

Look at this:
Introducing the Retro Handset Phone...

Retro...really? uhm....gotta say that i'm looking at my work phone right now and it's got a HANDLE!!! And since when is 15 years ago RETRO? or is it 20? Still so not Retro. I am not that old. 35 is like the new 25. or whatever the fuck those people told me when i was aging the last time...Why would you need this POS??? waste o' ten bucks.

Anywhoo. time for me to mosey. 
Bella's surgery is next Friday. Feeling ok about it. So we'll see.
Talk to y'all tomorrow.

No comments: