Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Yay for Health Care Reform...

Look I don't know much about the health care reform law, except it helps EVERYONE get health insurance. I hope they can iron out all the bugs and create something for everyone. I know too many people who cannot afford insurance in this country and it's a crock of shit. The idea is awesome, let's figure out how to make it better. People shouldn't have to go broke because they had to go to the emergency room. Plus, preventative care keeps people at work, making money and shopping which equals to feeding the economy money for stuff.  Anyway, i'm excited. And very happy for those who can finally get the help they need.

ok enough of my opinions!!

I weighed myself this morning.  I will share with you my weight-139. I've lost 6 lbs. I've also been eating about 1200 calories a day, but taking a walk as well with my pup for about 25 minutes which only burns about 96 calories, but then it adds to the amount of calories i can eat, so then it becomes 1296 calories...are you with me? Anyway, i've been doing really well. If i'm hungry in the morning a piece of toast with butter is about 150 calories, coffee 42, lunch about 265 and dinner...well that's where it gets tricky. Planning nighttime meals can be a pain,  but really it's about what you're shoving in your mouth. Potatoes, veggies, meat, bread, salad...well all that can add up and blow any diet. So keep it simple. A yummy steak and a salad with a balsamic dressing. yummy. or like last nights meal. We had a flat iron grilled steak seasoned with A1 and pepper,  and caprese garlic bread that looked so pretty and tasted amazing. 685 calories people...and i even had a snack before bedtime. MMMM string cheese! I never thought that counting calories worked. I never wanted to become someone who depended on it, but i realized I definitely over ate at meal times, rather than eating enough to satisfy the belly. OH and if your tummy starts grumbling eat something, drink water. Do not go into starvation mode. Myfitnesspal.com has helped me bunches!!!

found here read, funny page.

Can Anyone Explain why classics are free on kindle, amazon, kobo etc....? They're classics for golly's diaper's sake.

Blogs I'm reading:
Cake Wrecks check it out...pretty funny.
Dogs on Drugs- ok this one is a good one folks. Fast food in other countries. Remember my pic of the Chicken Maharaja Mac I wanted to try, well he covers a lot of other strange ideas the fast food companies in different countries came up with...ch ch check it. 
texts from a dog-if you're not reading this, you are lamay. (lame in fake french)
one odd duck-i really like the idea on here...i think i may copy and post it somewhere..check it out to see what i'm talking about.
Vixen Vintage-in love with this blog. she's so cute, her clothes and outfits are adorable. I wish i had some of the items in her closet.

Alrighty I'm going to leave you with a pic of my foot and hand. The ring I got from Hautelook and the shoes (which are my new favorites) i got from Ideeli! 
 
have a great day!

No comments: