Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

The Container Store, cupcakes and living social deals.

I love Living Social. If it weren't for them, i wouldn't be able to go out as much as I'd like. Personally, I feel depressed if all i did was stay home and stare at the TV every friggin night, so I need to be able to enjoy myself and break the monotony of the work week. Livingsocial, groupon, google offers, bloomspot, etc..they all help with that. So if you haven't signed up yet (it's free so you'd be silly if you didn't do it) go and do it now.

Yesterday we went to Baja Fresh. It was good. I had the carnitas burrito (a little flavorless) but they have some pretty good salsas so i used it to make a more tastier burrito. Also, try their Mango salsa. I thought i was going to hate it, but it was really good. 2 Drinks, chips and salsa for two and 2 burritos for $10.57. Ok so the deal I bought was for $9, but for some strange reason, after we ordered they told us to pay tax. Whatever,  $10.57 is better than 20 something.. All in all, it was ok. I may eat there again.

Baja Fresh is located in this very posh, outdoor Mall and it's always pretty empty.  Gerr wanted to go the the Container Store, but as soon I saw the Teacake cupcake shop, i ran in. I chose the buttercream frosted chocolate cupcake. Gerr got the pink velvet whoopie pie with cheesecake frosting. Neither one of us was impressed with the 9 bucks spent on our sweets.  The cupcake was ok, but if you're going to have a shop it better be out of this world. I'll give them another try.....I think i'll try the cupcake truck tonight at "Off the Grid." If you have a Safeway by you, try their red velvet cupcake, i know it's just a supermarket, but WOW.....and their cupcakes are only $1.99!

I interrupt this regularly scheduled program to inform all of you that:

I got accepted into the chronic pain program!!!!!
hallefrigginluya. :)

I hate the Container Store. I don't understand why people go there and feel like they're getting a DEAL?  I find that everything is over priced. A White box with holes in it was 14 bucks. I'd pay 5. I really don't understand the appeal. Personally, I'll go to Ross if i need a plastic bin, a desk organizer, a garbage can etc...I feared we were going to be kicked out because I kept looking at a price and announcing "HIGHWAY ROBBERY", "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?", "WHO WOULD PAY 25 BUCKS FOR THAT?". Lucky for us we made it out safely. Gerr actually purchased one item; a vial for 1.29.

I'm hoping today flies by. I woke up this morning thinking it was Saturday. I hate that crashing disappointment when you look at your alarm and you realize it's a weekday and not the weekend. BOOOOO. Alrighty all, I will let you go. Have a safe weekend. Lot's of hugs, J

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

With havin so much written content do you ever run into any issues of plagorism
or copyright violation? My blog has a lot of completely unique content I've either authored myself or outsourced but it looks like a lot of it is popping it up all over the web without my permission. Do you know any ways to help protect against content from being ripped off? I'd certainly appreciate it.
My homepage :: recette dukan

Jacky aka Queenijax said...

you know, I haven't really gone looking around to see if anyone has stolen my ideas or copied my writing. Honestly, I don't really think that many people read my page. It's hard to protect content really. Pictures are a big issue and I'm trying to figure out how to respect people who put up pictures and how to link the picture to the source etc....I wish i could ready your page!! it's in French!!