Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

A little late, but whatever...

I'm usually on time..not late..I decided kinda late in the game though...What game? well the "what you are thankful for" game. I'm a big fan of this game and tried to start this Thanksgiving tradition when i was married a long, long time ago. I felt strange bringing it up when i began dating Gerr, because this was a tradition i had started with someone else...but Fuck that. Every year i've told myself what i was thankful for and now that it's spreading on FB like wildfire, I'm gonna show you here what i'm thankful for.

Nov 1st
First and foremost, I am thankful for these two people...
My grandmother and my mother. The two people who raised me. And i am thankful that in the many tragedies that have befallen New York, they have been safe and sound. I love them. Please keep them safe always.

Nov 2nd
I am thankful for this guy.
He's the dude...He's my dude. I really couldn't be any happier. Well i probably could, as we all probably could, but as long as we're together I'll be pretty damn happy. He's my best friend. He's my love. He's my pal. He's...everything...

Nov 3rd
My cats. Fievel and Misfit. I am thankful for my love of my kitties. Fievel has been with me for 14 years. He's babied every kitten that I've brought into the house. He has been the papa. Misfit was saved from my work and Gerry fell in love with him. Misfit is the oddest cat i know, and doesn't really like affection unless he swats at you. We love him just the same though...

Nov 4th
Bella. I can't tell you how thankful i am for this dog. She has taught me so much about myself: Patience, the ability to care for another creature more than i knew i could, my ability to train an animal, and so much more love than i thought i was capable of. My need to protect her is almost like a mother's love for a human child. I am just thankful that Gerry and I get to be her guardians.

Nov 5th
I am thankful for today. Today is the day I donate to a couple of charities. I am thankful that i can.  i know i can't give much, but i will do what i can. The ASPCA, the Red Cross, Rescue Ink and others are all in need of help. I wish I could physically be there to help, but I need to be here....
Goldbely-they aren't a rescue but if you buy from them this week 100% of their earnings will be donated. Now that right there is the best reason to buy from them. 


Positive Dog Story
How about a positive Dog Picture...
Look at this guy, being rescued and taken to his family at the shelter. Good Boy!
here is reunited with his owners....if this doesn't tug at your heart strings...well...it should...

No comments: