Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Prick.

Needle prick that is. I HATE, ABHOR, DETEST (here are more hate synonyms for you, expand your vocabulary it makes you better looking) getting my blood drawn. But since I get dizzy a lot they have to check something called Ferriten. Basically in my quick and simple way of describing it, it's your long term iron strorage.  My iron is usually borederline, but once they checked the Ferriten levels they found I was super low. So we check it every three months or so. Now if i feel light headed or dizzy I just eat a hamburger and i'm good. so strange how our bodies work. For more info about Ferriten click the link.
  • Do you know what feels good??? Training someone on a vital part of your job. I had to train a coworker since I was out a couple of weeks ago due to my evil back.  It felt good to show that it's not so easy and there are lots of things to look at when doing payroll. It also made me feel good that I had a backup person to help me with this. 
  • Have you checked out Our Best Bites blog. I know I've written about them before, but man...these Frosted Peanut butter cookies are calling my name. Which reminds me I need to get some milk after work. Seriously though, check out the blog, they have step by step pictures and commentary. They make things look easy peasy peanut butter pie. 
  • So, I have to admit that my skin research has failed. The products that are marketed to clear up pimples fast and all that bull haven't worked. So I'm going to stop ordering skin products from hautelook and ideeli. I think i'm just gonna stick to the over the counter stuff and the evil Retin-A. Stupid hormones.
  • Want an easy way to feel like maybe you've made a change in animals life? Well email :
Why you may ask? Well I'll tell ya why, or rather copy and paste. This is from the organization called In Defense of Animals. Here is why you need to email the addresses above:
Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute (LRRI) is a laboratory in Albuquerque, New Mexico that uses monkeys and beagles in experiments. Because of financial issues, they have announced plans to kill up to 300 monkeys and an unknown number of beagles.
Beagle in cageIt is sad that LRRI is killing these "unwanted" dogs and monkeys without trying to save their lives by transferring them to loving homes and primate sanctuaries.
IDA and other animal protection organizations have been asking that we be allowed to coordinate the move of these animals to primate sanctuaries and loving homes, as we have successfully done in the past for other laboratories' "unwanted" animals.
To date LRRI has refused to do so.
The animals deserve that we not give up and that we do all in our power to protect them - to save their lives. Thank you once again for your determination to be a powerful voice and force for our animal friends.
With the deepest respect and appreciation,
Elliot M. Katz, DVM
Founder and President Emeritus
In Defense of Animals

You know i don't want to make you do things, but sometimes you need to let the world know, or atleast the people who read your blog,  that there may be something you can do to make a change.
  • Should we get back to our regularly scheduled program? Ok good. If you checked out yesterdays blog, then you know all about doggonesafe.com, right? and you clicked it because you want to be more informed about dog bites and how you can prevent them right??? well then you probably already saw that for those students in continuing education programs they have an opportunity to gain credits by taking two online courses. Pretty damn cool huh??? yeah it is. here are the links:
  • oh my where are my manners? Where is the color on this page? the pizazz? the eye catchiness?
 if you have a minute let's draw some zebras!
  • oh wait i said I need some color!!!

 Now that's a colorful zebra cake....

 dinocorn decided he wanted to join in on the fun. 
So I guess everyone wants to see my cartoon zebra...ok here goes...

 pretty cute if you ask me. I am a terrible artist, but it looks like a cartoon zebra. :)

ok well that's all folks. I will see you tomorrow! have a happy wednesday!

No comments: